Poha puri is an quick and easy snack. It is a crunchy snack flavour with spice and street food taste.
Poha is a popular snack of Indore (Madhya Pradesh). Indore is famous for its wide range of street food. Poha is part of the famous street food. People out there loves to eat Poha. Here people loves to eat poha with jalebi. Indore Poha is sour-sweet in taste.
Poha first originated in Maharashtra. And slowly it became famous all other states like Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Telangana.
How Poha is helpful for our body?
Poha is made of flattered rice/ partly cooked paddy.
It is not only light but also easily digest in stomach.
It is also a wholesome meal.
It is a good source of energy and healthy carbohydrates.
Also it is beneficial for the people who are in a workout and want to lose weight.
About Poha Puri:-
It is a deep fried puri made of poha. An Indian traditional cuisine. It is a spicy, sour and sweet in taste with a mixture of street food style in taste.
Nowadays, there is a variety of recipe according to the state and people.
In my personal experience, it is a street style food snack which can be eaten during breakfast and evening. We can eat this with chai(tea) or chutney.
On the daily basis, we can have this twice or thrice a week.
So let’s know the recipe of Poha Puri.
The Ingredients required:-
- Poha:- 1bowl
- White flour:- 2 tbs
- Rice floor:- 2 tbs
- Chat masala:- 1tbs
- Red chilli powder:- 1/2 tbs
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves:- 3-4
Steps to make the dough:-
- Wash the poha and let the water dry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the white flour and rice flour in it.
- Add red chilli powder.
- Add chat masala and then add salt as per taste.
- Now add curry leaves and coriander leaves in it(chopped).
- Now add little bit of oil in it.
- And lastly add water and mix it well.
- Add water to make the dough.
- The dough is ready.
Steps to make the Poha Puri:-
- Take one small bowl of dough and roll it.
- Make it in a shape of puri.
- Place the pan on the flame. After it gets hot add oil.
- Now fry the Poha Puri until it gets crunchy golden brown colour.
- After it get fried, place it in a plate.
- Serve this with chutney.
Enjoy this hot poha puri. Serve to 3-4 people.