What is capsicum ?
Capsicum is a green plant vegetable. It is eaten raw as a salad or cooked with noodles, other vegetables. It is a type of chilli , mainly known as ‘sweet chilli’. It has different colours like green, yellow, red, purple. It is found to be very healthy for our body. Cultivators grows capsicum in different colours. In other languages or in other country it is called “bell pepper” or ” pepper”.
Capsicum meaning in hindi
” शिमला मिर्च ”
In hindi, capsicum is known as “शिमला मिर्च”. शिमला मिर्च एक हरे पौधे की सब्जी है। इसे सलाद के रूप में कच्चा खाया जाता है या नूडल्स, अन्य सब्जियों के साथ पकाया जाता है। यह एक प्रकार की मिर्च है, जिसे मुख्य रूप से ‘मीठी मिर्च’ के नाम से जाना जाता है। इसके अलग-अलग रंग हैं जैसे हरा, लाल, पीला में पाया जाता हैं। साइंटिफिक रिसर्च के हिसाब से हमारे शरीर, त्वचा के लिए यह बहुत ही ज्यादा फायदेमंद है। पीला, लाल, बैंगनी। यह हमारे शरीर के लिए काफी हेल्दी पाया जाता है। किसान विभिन्न रंगों में शिमला मिर्च उगाते हैं। अन्य भाषाओं में या अन्य देश में इसे “बेल मिर्च” या “काली मिर्च” कहा जाता है।
What are the benefits of capsicum?
Capsicum benefits:- 8 amazing benefits of capsicum
- There are various vitamins present in capsicum. VitaminA , Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
- It benefits to our body.
- Vitamin A helps in skin, joint pain.
- Vitamin C is very helpful in teeth ache , also it helps in faster recovery from any cuts.
- Vitamin B2 is also found in this.
- It contains iron which can prevent anemia.
- It is truly believed and also said that capsicum is good for eyes too. It prevents from cataract. In growing age we must eat capsicum.
- Capsicum benefits in cancer. Scientifically , capsaicin is found in capsicum which kills or prevents from cancer symptom.
- Red capsicum is suggested to eat because it corrects the metabolism and it also lowers the chances of obesity, heart diseases.
Can I eat capsicum everyday ?
Yes, we can eat capsicum everyday. We can eat as salad during our breakfast. Also, in lunch or in evining and dinner. Eat once a day. In few people it is found that eating this cause them acidity or allergy. So, if you have some issue related to it then avoid eating this.
Capsicum salad recipe
Chop capsicum, tomato and onion. In a bowl mix olive oil, salt, coriander leaves, lemon juice and black pepper. Now, the pour the prepared mixture to the chopped veggies bowl and mix it. The healthy capsicum salad is ready.
Can I eat capsicum raw?
Yes, definately we can eat capsicum raw. We mainly find that capsicum is very helpful and beneficial for our body. It contains so many vitamins like vitamin A, Vitamin B, vitamin C and Vitamin K. Eating capsicum salad is the best option if we want to eat it raw.
What are the disadvantage of eating capsicum?
There are some disadvantages of eating capsicum. If you are a blood pressure patient then you should avoid eating capsicum. Also, if there is acidity issue in the body then stop eating capsicum. In search, it is found that many of the people have acidity issue while eating capsicum. So you can avoid it. Many of the people have allergy with capsicum.
Is bell pepper and capsicum same?
Bell pepper and capsicum are same. American people call it bell pepper and people of UK call it just pepper. Capsicum is found to be full of vitamin C and antioxidants. It is found to be the most healthiest Vegetable for the body. So, it is considered to be the best healthy diet food we can include in our daily food.
Easy recipes of capsicum
1. Capsicum aloo recipe
- Potatoes :- 6-7 ( medium size boiled)
- Capsicum :- green ( 2 )
- Onion :- 3-4 ( medium size)
- Green chilli:- 3-4
- Tomatoes :- 3-4 ( medium size)
- Cumin seeds:- 1 table spoon
- Bay leaf:- 1
- Black pepper:- 2-3
- Cardmom :- 2-3
- Cinnamon:- 2
- Turmeric :- 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala :- 1 tea spoon
- Ginger garlic paste :- 1/2 table spoon
Step wise recipe
- Heat a pan. Add oil and then cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardmom, cinnamon, black pepper.
- Then saute onion, green chillies and tomatoes.
- In this, add turmeric, ginger garlic paste and mix properly. Pour 1/2 cup of water and mix it. Add salt as per taste.
- When masala get fried switch off flame and let it get cooled.
- Grind and prepare a fine thin paste.
- Again heat a pan , add 1 table spoon of oil. Pour the prepared paste and switch the flame between medium to low.
- Add garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- For curry add water and then add boiled chopped potatoes and capsicum.
- Mix well and cover the pan and let it get cooked properly around 5 -10 minutes.
- At the last, garnish it will chopped coriander leaves and serve with chapati, naan , steamed rice, fried rice.
- This is made for 5 people. If there is increase in number of people then increase the amount of ingredients too.
- Prepare the thin liquid paste. Grind for about 1-2 minutes for the best result and add water when required.
- Do not fry the capsicum before.
- Always fry the masalas at low flame.
- If you are using capsicum in noodles or any Chinese dishes then it need only to be saute. Do not cook the capsicum or soften it. Just saute it for 2 minute and then it’s ready.
1. Capsicum paneer recipe
First of all, we need to saute paneer and capsicum together. Then add all the ingredients mentioned above except potatoes. Prepare the capsicum paneer masala in the same way. First fry “khada Masalas” i.e. cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, cardmom, black pepper then , just add cashew and red chilli powder and fry with onion and tomatoes. Then fry masalas on the low flame i.e. turmeric , ginger garlic paste. Let it cool down. Prepare the paste , heat a pan and then oil and then cook the paste at low flame , add water and prepare the capsicum paneer curry. Mix all the sauted panner and capsicum to it and cover the pan. After 5-10 minutes it’s ready to serve. At the last garnish it with coriander leaves.