Deep fry + sauce pury= manchurian
Yes, you read it right. Always we see or we make this at home. Today, we will make special dish. A dish from one of our favourite vegetable. The dish is “gobhi manchurian”. The name of vegetable is “cauliflower” from which we are going to make this yummy and delicious food.
Gobhi manchurian is a crispy, saucy, spicy dish. It is full of veggies. Capsicum, onion is added to it. For making this it has a very easy process. We need to first boil for gobhi purity. And then deep fry it which is mixed with with batter. And then mixed with the prepared sauce. The garlic, ginger and red chilli changes the whole taste. It is all about mixing three different sauces, some herbs and then veggies.
Let’s see the whole manchurian recipe in detail. Cut the cauliflower/ gobhi in a medium size. In a hot boiling water, boil till it gets soften. Boil it just for 2-3 minutes. Take out and let it get dry. Till then prepare the batter. In a bowl mix cornflour, white flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, salt, ginger and garlic paste, black pepper powder and mix everything. Now add water and prepare a paste. Do not make a paste very liquid. Mix cauliflower in it. On above sprinkle Cornflower and white flour mixture so that a nice crispy texture will be ready for manchurian. In a hot oil deep fry it. For overall deep fry it takes 5-10 minutes. Next and a final process is heat a pan. Add oil and then saute chopped ginger and garlic. Saute veggies like chopped onion, capsicum, green onion. Lastly add sauces like soya sauce, red chilli sauce and tomato ketchup. Add salt as per taste and mix well. If you want to add red chilli powder then mix too(Optional). Then mix cornflour and water pury. This is added in every manchurian for the thickness of the pury. It gives a nice texture to the pury. Mix well and if required then add little more water and mix the deep fried gobhi. Mix well and it’s ready. Before serving garnish it will chopped coriander leaves and green onion.
If you want you can keep it dry. But what about gobhi manchurian gravy recipe. Do not worry. Just add water and cornflour and water mixture. The gravy will be little thicker and you can easily eat with your favourite food.
Now let’s see the step wise gobhi manchurian recipe.
- Gobhi/ cauliflower:- 1 bowl (400g)
- Red chilli powder:- 1 table spoon
- Ginger garlic paste:- 1 table spoon
- Cornflour:- 4 table spoon
- White flour:- 4 table spoon
- Rice flour:- 3 table spoon
- Soya sauce:- 2 table spoon
- Red chilli sauce:- 2 table spoon
- Tomato sauce:- 4 table spoon
- Ginger-garlic:- 1 table spoon ( chopped)
- Onion:- 2 ( medium size chopped)
- Capsicum:- 1( chopped)
- Spring onion:- 1 table spoon ( chopped)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil the water on a medium to high flame. When the water starts boiling, add chopped cauliflower to it.
- Let it get boiled for 2-3 minutes. It will get soft.
- Take out the gobhi and let it get dry.
- While it’s getting dry prepare the batter.
- In a bowl mix corn flour, white flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, salt as per taste, black pepper.
- Then pour water and mix well. Form a nice paste. Don’t make batter too liquid.
- Mix gobhi to it. Then sprinkle some cornflour and white flour. It’s upto your choice. You can also sprinkle the mixture of two flour.
- In a hot oil deep fry it till it gets nice golden brown colour.
- Now prepare the sauce pury.
- Heat a pan and switch the flame medium to low.
- Add oil and then saute chopped ginger and garlic.
- Mix chopped onion and capsicum. Saute it and then add sauces:- soya sauce, red chilli sauce, tomato sauce.
- While mixing everything , sprinkle salt as per taste and chopped spring onion.
- Add one small cup of cornflour and water mixture. For making this mixture we need 1 tea spoon of cornflour and water. Mix properly.
- Pour in the pan and mix well.
- Now at the last add fried gobhi and mix. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- The gobhi manchurian dry is ready.
- For the gobhi manchurian gravy,just add more water while adding the mixture and then when the boil starts add the fried gobhi.
- The gravy manchurian is ready.
- Make as per your choice.
|Gobhi manchurian dry|
|Veg chowmein/ veg noodles & gobhi manchurian|