We all know oats is one of the most recommended healthy food for people who are on proper diet in weight loss. It is not only for weight loss but also it is the healthy and light weight food. People make smoothie or eat with chia seeds. If you love to eat different varities of dishes ans instead of heavy food if you love light weight then this is one of the best recipe you can try out at home. Oats upma is not only easy and less time taking but also light weight and healthy food. Whenever you feel like having meal then cook this because it’s a wholemeal because it includes green veggies, oats and herbs which is healthy. It takes maximum 15-20 minutes for over all preparation.
Oats upma is a sweet, salty Indian healthy food. It is a light weight food full of green vegetables and oats. It is considered as best breakfast.
Oats upma recipe
- Oats:- 1 bowl
- Olive oil:- 1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds:- 1 table spoon
- Cumin seeds:- 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves:- 4-5
- Cashew:- 2 table spoon
- Onion:- 1 cup (chopped)
- Carrot, capsicum, peas:- 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Green chilli:- 2
- Coriander leaves
- Lemon juice
Step wise oats recipe
- First of all chop all the veggies and keep aside.
- Heat a pan on lower flame and roast the oats for 5 minutes.
- Keep aside and then heat another pan.
- Add oil, then mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Then add cashew and green chilli. Saute 2 minutes and then add all the veggies and saute it. Mix salt as per taste.
- Add one cup of water and simmer it.
- Again add water, let the boil comes and add roasted oats and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- It’s ready. Garnish some chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Also it you want then add grated coconut. (Optional)
- Mix properly. Keep in mind do not mash it.