Street style veg chowmein recipe
Ingredients of chowmein :-
- Chowmein:- 1 bowl ( boiled)
- Onion:- 4
- Cabbage:- 1 cup (chopped)
- Beans:- 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Green chillies:- 2 table spoon ( chopped)
- Soya sauce:- 1-2 table spoon
- Tomato ketchup:- 1/2 cup
- Ginger:- 1/2 table spoon ( chopped)
- Garlic:- 1 table spoon (chopped)
- Oil:- 3-4 table spoon
- Chat masala
Step wise recipe:-
- Heat pan. Add oil. Let it get hot.
- Saute chopped garlic and ginger.
- Now, add chopped green chillies.
- Then saute onion, cabbage and green beans on a medium flame.
- Pour soya sauce, tomato ketchup and mix well. Add salt as per taste. Sprinkle some chat masala.
- Then mix the boiled chowmein properly. After 2-3 minute switch off the flame and it’s ready.
- Serve hot , garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves, onion and cabbage.
- This is a very simple and delicious street style veg chowmein.
How to boil chowemin/noodles?
- Keep the water for boiling. When the water starts boiling, sprinkle salt.
- Now dip the chowmein/ noodles to it and let it be in boiling water for about 10-15 minutes.
- Let it be covered while boiling.
- After that check the noodles and take out from the pan and seive it.
- Wash the noodles and keep it aside.
- Let it get dry. If we want, we can also add 1/2 tea spoon of refined oil and to the boiled chowmein so that it would be non- sticky.
- Serve with garnishing the finely chopped cabbage and onion.
- Also, garnish finely chopped coriander leaves.
Chowmein masala list :-
- Chat masala
- Dhaniya powder
How to make street style chowmein ?
You can easily check out a video where you will find a recipe which will make you understand the amount of ingredients we required for making such recipes. Let me inform you that this is just for 5 family members. You can increase and decrease the quantity of ingredients as per the people. Also, we have found that most of the people don’t love to eat cabbage , some of them love to eat capsicum so you can make change according to it.
Personally, I love to add ingredients like cabbage and capsicum to my food. If I am alone or I have to make for my friends and guest then I always add these veggies but some of my family members doesn’t like cabbage or some doesn’t like capsicum so I have to manage according to that.
- Do not over boil the chowmein. Check after 10-15 minutes. Add salt in water for better boiling.
- When it is boiled and kept in a bowl then mix a drop of refined oil.
- First keep it for boiling and after that start chopping the veggies.
- Saute the veggies altogether on medium flame. Just after 2-3 minutes mix soya sauce and tomato ketchup.
- As I have not added chilli sauce, because already there is green chilli to it. So if you want, you can add chilli sauce.
- But I would suggest you to add from above when it is served. It will taste very delicious.
This was all about spicy, salty, tangy Indian street style veg chowmein recipe. If we want, we can do some changes to it by adding chopped paneer. In this the same ingredients will be added but the quantity will be little less and the paneer will be more. So, Paneer chowmein you can now make easily at home. It’s a veg paneer chowmein/noodles that I have also seen and tried at home and enjoyed a lot. I would suggest you also to try out with the same process explained above.
This rainy season enjoy this hot, delicious Chinese-Indian fusion dish with your family and friends at your home. Also, some different recipes you must know about. That are:-