What is balusahi a type of?
Balusahi is a sweet, crispy sweet dish or we can call it desert. It is one of the oldest and most famous Indian sweets.
Balusahi is made of flour , ghee and deep fried in oil and dipped in sugar syrup.
It’s an traditional Indian sweet dish.
Main ingredients for balusahi :-
How to make balusahi at home
Add flour in a bowl. Then add baking powder and salt and mix it. Now add ghee and mix it by hand. The dough will be moist. Now add water to it and prepare a soft dough. Push and keep it on the side. Now heat a pan by keeping it on medium flame. Put sugar and water in it. When it starts boiling, add saffron and stir again. Lemon juice pulse and then after 2-3 minutes add cardamom powder and pulse. Chashni is ready. Keep it side .
Add Lemon juice because when the syrup cools down it does not thicken.
If you have no saffron then you can add food color lentils. But the essential is new, you can avoid it.
Now take out the dough after 15-20 minutes and make soft small balls out of it. Keep the pan on high flame and pour oil. When the oil becomes hot, bring the balls in the shape of a peda with the palm of both the hands and then with the help of thumb make them whole in the middle. Make all the balls like this and then fry them in oil. Keep in mind that while frying, keep the flame in the middle of medium to low and fry it. Fry till golden brown from both the sides and then dip in sugar syrup and keep it for 5-6 minutes. Get all such balusahi ready. Take out a plate and serve it and decorate the crispy sweet dish with grated dry fruits.
Oh yes, you can keep it in an air tight box and keep it in the fridge.
All the questions have been answered , scroll down and see.
(History, whether the dessert is good or not, balusahi shop near me, you will get the answer of all these niches)
Now let’s see the step wise recipe
Ingredients for balusahi
- All purpose Flour :- 1&1/2 cup
- Ghee :- 1/2 cup
- Salt:- 1 tsp
- Water :- 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder:- 1 tbsp
Ingredients for balusahi sugar syrup
- Sugar:- 2 cups
- Water:- 1 cup
- Saffron:- 1 tsp
- Cardamom Powder:- 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice:- 1 tbsp
Step Wise Balusahi Recipe
- In a bowl add all purpose flour.
- Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp baking powder and mix.
- Now add 1/2 cup ghee and mix it with your hands.
- mix it nicely .
- Now prepare the dough by adding water. Water according to the need.
- When the dough is ready, cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare sugar syrup.
- Keep a pan on medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water to it.
- Now when it starts boiling and the sugar gets mixed in all the water, then add saffron in it.
- Mix well and then add 1 tbsp lemon juice. (Lemon juice should be added so that syrup should not be thick)
- Now add 1 tbsp cardamom powder and mix.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes, keep it on the side. You will see that a good color has come into the syrup.
- Now again heat a pan/ karahi . Put oil in it.
- After taking out the dough, knead the dough by hand and make small balls.
- Now press all the ball with the palm of the hands and make it like a peda and complete it by making a small whole in the middle with the thumb. (same as we made for poha vadas)
- Prepare all the balls in the same way.
- When the oil becomes hot, then fry the balusahi on the oil. Fry both the sides well and take them out.
- While frying, keep the flame low to medium or medium so that the balusahi gets fried well.
- Now take it out and dip it in the syrup.
- Let it set in the syrup for 5-6 minutes.
- Now take it out in a plate and sprinkle grated day fruits like cashew, pistachio on top and serve.
- Punjab sweet house
- Uday mishthan bhandar
- Sweet house
- Famous sweets
- Agra sweet Banjara
- Ramchander balushahi wale
- Hira sweets