“A GOOD BREAKFAST IS A START OF A GOOD DAY”
Morning breakfast is something which everyone want to start their day with some healthy and light food. This makes the whole day energetic. Mostly the teenagers who do exercises and yoga everyday they more focuses on healthy, low fat, low colestrol food in breakfast. As they are health conscious they usually follow a diet plan. There is some of the meal which is quiet easy, light and healthy fats. They not only make our stomach full but also provides us energy, vitamins etc. Skipping meals and having tea and fruits and not other good balanced diet foods will not provide us the energy and health that we are focusing on. We need to focus on the meals because with you and exercises a healthy meal is also necessary.
– A Healthy Breakfast
Upma is an South Indian dish. It is light and healthy dish. It is salty- flavoured dish.
It is originated in a Tamil by a person belongs to Tamil. It’s commonly found in Kerela, Tamil Nadu, Orissa, also in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh and in Sri Lanka. Nowadays, it is not only common in these places but also everypart of the India.
What is the benefits/ importance of Upma?
It is considered as a breakfast meal because it has vitamins, fiber and it completes the whole balance diet and also a healthy meal. It has healthy fats and low in colestrol and calories. It also helps in lose weight quickly. So, it can be a good choice to eat during breakfast.
Upma is made from Suji. It is rich in healthy carbs, iron, calcium, vitamin B and etc. It is a good source of protein and fibre which helps in reducing the blood sugar when it is high which reduces the risk of diabetes. It is a light food and digests easily in stomach.
So let’s have a look on the recipe of upma.
- Suji:- 1small bowl
- Mustard seed:- 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves:- 4 leaves
- Onion:- 1
- Tomato:- 1
- Green Chilli:- 1
- Ground nuts:- 2 table spoon
- Coriander leaves
Steps to make Upma:-
- Take a pan and keep it on the medium flame.
- After it gests hot add oil (2-3 tbs)
- Now chop the onion, tomato and green chilli in a small pieces.
- Add mustard seed and curry leaves in a pan.
- Now add chopped onion, tomato and green chilli in it. Saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add ground nuts and mix it and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add Suji and stir nicely. Stir until it changes in light red texture. Add turmeric a pinch if required.
- Add water in it ( 2 cup). Add salt as per taste and mix it well. Cook it for 3-4 minutes. And then add coriander leaves.
- Now the Upma is ready in 15 minutes.
- It is ready for 1-2 people.
How to serve?
Serve this hot Upma with some coffee or any chutney. Enjoy the healthy and tasty meal in breakfast and feel fresh and energetic.